Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tragic Death of a Socialite

Kind words are the worst kind.
I put a bullet through this head of mine.
Maybe then you’ll see what it is that you see,
All that is inside of me.

False pretense I’ll fake a suicide
It’s the tragic death of a socialite,
One last chance at martyrdom tonight.
And all I see is black and white.

You were my one and my true,
I can’t just throw that away.
I can’t just keep walking on away,
You meant something to me anyway.

I close my eyes to find one more.
Reasons to keep the faith; to continue believing.
But this world turned cold.
Thorns grow all around and prick my soul.

A lone candle in this storm
The struggle is too great to stay warm
And these gale force winds are just too strong.
I’m all now but gone.

Alas now I’m ready to fall
To save you is for me to simply fall
Its ok, I understand, to do what I must do
But would you understand or would you try to?





No comments: